Router Protocol Governance Proposal: Choosing the next two EVM chains to Integrate
At Router Protocol, we are incredibly excited to report that we have published, for the first time in a long time, a governance proposal. This marks one of the many governance events to come in the near future. The community will now be able to participate in voting to drive the overall direction of Router Protocol.
- The topic of Governance: Choosing the next two EVM chains to target
- Eligibility: Anyone who owns $ROUTE tokens on Polygon/Ethereum/BSC, or has staked $ROUTE tokens in Dfyn Exchange liquidity pools/farms.
- Snapshot Details: The snapshot for this proposal has been taken at 6:30 P.M. UTC on Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
- Duration of Vote: The voting will start at 7:00 P.M. UTC on Wednesday, April 6, 2022, and end at 7:00 P.M. UTC on Friday, April 15, 2022.
- Link: https://vote.routerprotocol.com/#/routerprotocol.eth/proposal/0x147bd30ab84abf2a1ddfd046c02a62293f95be067c01fc36c883a7e198470c21
In light of the recent discussion on Router’s discourse forum, we have decided to conduct a governance vote concerning the integration of various EVM-compatible chains. Following the successful launch of our mainnet with BSC and Polygon, we have announced the inclusion of three major EVM chains — Ethereum, Fantom, and Avalanche. With the integration of two of the most popular Ethereum rollups, Arbitrum, and Optimism, in the offing (currently being tested internally), we thought it was prudent to solicit the community’s opinion on the next two EVM chains to target.
- Option 1) Cronos — https://cronos.org/
- Option 2) Aurora — https://aurora.dev/
- Option 3) Harmony — https://www.harmony.one/
- Option 4) KCC — https://www.kcc.io/
- Option 5) Hecochain — https://www.hecochain.com
- Option 6) Moonbeam — https://moonbeam.network/
- Option 7) RSK [Sovryn] — https://www.rsk.co/
- Option 8) IoTeX — https://iotex.io/
- Option 9) Metis [Andromeda] — https://www.metis.io/
- Option 10) Klaytn — https://www.klaytn.com/
- Option 11) Conflux — https://confluxnetwork.org/en/
- Option 12) OKExChain — https://www.okx.com/okc
- Option 13) Gnosis Chain (formerly xDai) — https://www.xdaichain.com/
- All ROUTE holders will be afforded one vote against each ROUTE token they hold on Polygon, BSC, and Ethereum. Unfortunately, ROUTE token holders on Avalanche and Fantom are not eligible to participate in this vote.
- Users who have provided ROUTE token liquidity on Dfyn Exchange (whether or not they have staked their LP tokens in any Dfyn Exchange farms) will have 1.5x voting power, i.e. they will be given 1.5 votes against each ROUTE token staked. Note that the votes against DFYN LP tokens staked in other yield aggregating platforms won’t be taken into consideration.
*This proposal is using the weighted voting strategy, i.e., each voter will have the option to spread their votes across any number of options.
- The snapshot for this proposal has been taken at 6:30 P.M. UTC on Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
- This governance event will remain live from 7:00 P.M. UTC on Wednesday, April 6, 2022, to 7:00 P.M. UTC on Friday, April 15, 2022.
The two options accruing the highest percentage of votes will be declared the winner.
This governance event is an important step in the direction of transitioning Router Protocol into a community-governed project. Stay tuned for updates as we will be launching more governance events in the coming days.
About Router Protocol
Router Protocol is building a suite of cross-chain infra primitives that aims to enable blockchain interoperability between current and emerging Layer 1 and Layer 2 blockchains.
Telegram announcements: https://t.me/router_ann